Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Recent Refashions

Hey Co-op! June is over half way through and I just realized I've not yet shared a refashion! These are a few of my recent favs...

This refashion started as a pair of unworn patterned tights...I cut off the toes and the crotch. Hemmed the new raw edges (which then became my sleeves and neckline) and added straps to create a top perfect for adding an extra layer of warmth (without bulk!) over the winter months here in NZ.
My next refashion started as a gorgeous wee vintage wool dress I bought at a Theater garage sale for $3. I love the colour sooo much but the fit was all wrong. So after a number of alterations I now have a gorgeous winter coat!

And my last but not least more winter warmers! Two old tops I'd not worn in awhile both refashioned into more than 1 new item..a cropped top & leg warmers from the black top. A mini skirt, wrist warmers & a beanie from the stripey jumper (both tops were orginally thrifted too and worn in their original forms ;)

Thanks for always you'll find me here on Facebook ;) xx


IWOM said...

Ladies and gentlemen: the latest Huli Collection!

How much do we love that yellow dress to coat re-f?!?


Carissa said...

All fabulous, as always, but that yellow coat? So. Jealous.

Love Street Salvage said...

I love all of these Huli! Especially the yellow coat though, I will definitely be borrowing this idea in the Fall :)

Renata ʚϊɞ said...

Love that coat it was nice before too! Good to keep the vintage look

Michelle Jadaa said...

All wonderful but that coat/dress is one of the cleverest refashions ive seen!

Marissa Nielsen said...

Love the hat you made!