Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Vintage Scarves to Boho Beach Cover Up Top

I was given a couple vintage scarves recently.  I saw them the other day and instantly had an idea.
Here is one of the scarves.


I thought it would make a cute lightweight cover up top for the beach.  

I just folded it in half and half again and cut the hole for the neck line.  Then unfolded one fold and made the front of the neck hole a bit deeper.  I sewed the bottom corners to make a sleeve and waistline.  Then finished the neckline.


Here is how they came out.







For more details visit my blog.

Thanks!



7 comments:

Rennie said...

Love the white one! Sassy

DressUpNotDown said...

Those are adorable!!!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Such a cute idea :) I love them!

Nina said...

Cute!

IWOM said...

You are braver than me! I have trouble bringing myself to cut something vintage, even if it is a handover!

IWOM: EOD

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm not sure I could pull this off tho!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'm not sure I could pull this off tho!