Creating an Effortless Upcycled Crop Blouse
You will need:
Fabric Strip x2
How to upcycle a blouse into an effortless box crop top.
1. Firstly measure the top to the length you would like, including 1 cm hem. Lay the top flat on a clear surface ready to cut.
2. Using tailors chalk or pins to direct where you cut. Cut along the line you drew, with a good pair of scissors.
3. Hem bottom edge with your sewing machine, with a seam allowance of 1cm.
4. Next fold the shirt in half, matching up both sleeves with a pin.
5. Doing the same as Step 2, only for the sleeves.
6. As for the edge of the sleeve, measure the length of the sleeve and times that by 2, as you will need two of these for each sleeve. Make each fabric strip a 5cm wide.
7. Fold strips in half and place to sleeve edge with 1cm seam allowance, straight stitch with your machine.
Where with high waisted jeans or a fitted skirt; to find out more of my upcycled pieces see here or for croptop styling tips, click here for summer styling.
Sincerely Madia & Matilda