Monday, July 14, 2014

Pink Polka Dot Top

This $1.50 shirt had a lot going for it. Maybe a bit too much in fact. It fit great, but the hot pink was just a little overwhelming.

Pink Polka Dot Top

I decided removing the sleeves would take away just enough pink to bring it back to awesome. So I chopped the sleeves off and cut bias strips from one of them. I used those strips to create an inner facing to finish off the raw edges, and that was that!

Pink Polka Dot Top - After

Check out all the details at CarissaKnits!

Pink Polka Top - Before & After

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Much better without the sleeves and now you can wear it in the winter with a cardigan. Great job!

Minnado said...

I think the shape is much better on you sleeveless!
Debbie
EOD

Rennie said...

I have a vintage skirt that matches your top! Yeh defo better as a sleeveless, yours looks fashionable now, long sleeved shirts look uncomfortable sometimes