Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Better than caffeine

To keep myself awake this evening (must go collect Himself at the Fringe at a rather ungodly hour tonight) I decided to get going on a capri to skirt project sitting somewhere near the middle of the refashion pile.

These pale blue capris have been there a while due to the worn out bit on the inner legs:

They are an 18, I am now a 14 again so I was able to make a 'triangle-less' skirt. I sliced up the inseams, then trimmed

the same  shape from the centre front and centre back, winding up with what I suppose one could call a pencil skirt. Haven't been able to wear one of these puppies in a LONG time.

It could use something, perhaps on the hem, but I am not sure if these denim flowers are it:

Do I machine stitch 'em on or get out the embroidery floss? Or will I be happier with just a good solid wardrobe staple? 



jennifer elliott said...

I love love love the flowers near the skirt hem! I say add the embellishments!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Heidi said...

Could you put a couple of backs onto the denim flowers, like a broach? Then on days you feel like flowers attach them to the skirt, and other days leave them off? (Those flowers would be adorable a hat as well!)

DressUpNotDown said...

Yes to the flower and yes to the floss! :o) Make it memorable I say.