Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Polka Dot Dress Makeover

I saw this dress and knew it had potential from it's cute button details and polka dots. First, I removed the shoulder pads and shortened the sleeves and bottom hemline.  Then I tightened the bust and waist a little bit to give a more flattering fit.  Then I styled it with a belt to add some interest. I love how it turned out with just these simple changes! More before and after pics on my blog here.  


RanchHouse said...

This new dress should be a favorite. Great inspiration.

jennifer elliott said...

I love this dress. So incredibly cute. Great job!

Carissa said...

The buttons, the polka dots, the collar, the pleats - this dress had so many things going for it. And you really did them justice!


P.S. Don't forget to use your username - Ladygirl Vintage - as a label when you make a new post. That way, they'll all be linked when you click on your name in the left-hand side bar.

Love Street Salvage said...

Very cute, glad you are here!!