Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Trash to Treasurer!

Hello again from Cari's frocks.

My name really is Cari Frock and I LOVE to sew.

I have a husband and 2 grown boys and they all wear the same size.

Someone found NORTH FACE base layer pants... in the trash!

Someone else donated the band from their whitey-tighties. 

So switch-a-roo on the waistbands and the other someone else (the one that works winters at a Colorado ski resort) gets an awesome pair of freebies for next winter.

Til next time...happy stitching!!


Saga said...

Great find and a very useful refashion.
I always save the (working) elastics from old underwear, (esp. lady boxers). They already fit my waist.

Lovenicky said...

What a clever refashion! I save my hubby's broken waist elastics for my kids too!

Elizabeth Hill said...

Creative save!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus