Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, September 04, 2014

70's Collar Refashion

I don't normally refashion men's clothing. I guess I'm selfish and get more excited about dresses and things that are pretty. However, I think this collar makeover may have changed the way I feel about about menswear (at least a little bit). The 70's collar had to go. I really love how it turned out!

How I did it:

I unstitched the collar from the neckline.  Then, I removed the collar and flipped it inside out.  Once it was inside out, I mapped out and measured the width I wanted the collar to be.  Then I sewed the new collar shape.  I flipped it right side out, carefully pinned it back into the neckline, and stitched it back into place.  Lastly, I stitched about 1/4 inch around the perimeter of the collar to give it the finished look. 

A very timely process, but definitely worth it. This shirt is now updated and super wearable!

More refashions on my blog HERE!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

Great job! I love the new collar!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD