Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Button Up Ruffle Down Refashion

Hi! I absolutely love remaking clothes and showing how to style the new creations into modern clothes. I always find button up shirts and am sometimes at a loss for cool things to turn them into. I can across a striped dress with a huge ruffle for the collar and then knew what I wanted to do to this shirt! 

I cut the sleeves off and used them to make a giant ruffle for the collar of this shirt.

I was a little concerned the ruffle might be too large but once it was paired with a cardigan, I was in love! You can check out my step by step process here .

Thanks in advance for any advice/ feedback!

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

cfortin said...

Hi and welcome to refashion co-op. Nice refashion. The ruffles look great. Just a reminder to put your user name int the label section when you post.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab