Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 01, 2014

Dress to Tunic

My sister gave me this dress. I rarely wear dresses, so I re-made it into a top.

First, I removed the sleeves and hemmed the armholes. Then I shortened it by 8.5 inches.

The result is a long top, or tunic. I am tall, and finding long shirts is often problematic for me. This easy refashion will get lots of wear from me, probably as a layering piece like in the picture.


RenataLaura said...

Especially with the thin fabric. Thin fabric and my bodyshape doesnt go for skirts! Refashioning is such a useful skill to have

Joke Vermanen said...

It is very nice!

jennifer elliott said...

Nice job, especially when you have troubles finding a shirt long enough.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD