Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Flannel shirt refashion

Hey so I picked up this large mens flannel shirt for $1.50 and made a skirt and a vest for myself and a wallet for the boy!

 The skirt was made using the sleeves for the front and the back of the shirt for the back piece. I opens using the original cuff snaps ;) the vest was made with the front pieces and piece left over at the bottom of the back..not quite enough so I added a scrap of sheer polka dot fabric to the upper back which I love! I also made a little bow and a wallet from the extra scraps & collar! I have saved the front placket/snaps incase I can find a use for it!


Andrea said...

Love this, and it is so your style!!! Super cute and talk about low/no waste :)

concretenprimroses said...

Very attractive and creative redo.

Elizabeth Hill said...

I don't know how you do it! Everything you make is just amazing!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Nelli L said...

I like this one...Nice