Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Mexican embroidery revival

Hi all,

About 10 years ago I came back from a trip to Mexico with a wonderful embroidered blouse in my backpack. But the overall fabric was so unconfortable that I never got to wear it since then.

Well, after few months of sewing I felt like an attempt of recycling this embroidered yoke so I made a new blouse (made of a sweet mix of cotton and linen) and I overstitched the yoke. Here it is :

Hope you'll like it ! You'll find all the process and many pics on my blog.
Camille / Sunday Afternoon


Refashion said...

I really like the finished blouse - it looks fab!

Debbie EOD

Clare said...

So beautiful. I love the embroidery. If I had this shirt I would wear it every day.