Friday, September 26, 2014

The why sweater?

I called this the why sweater b/c I wondered why you would ruin a perfectly good sweater with a ruffle.
A pretty blue and white sweater with a dark red ruffle, which is even worse. I know it is not a dress because it doesn't cover my bum. But it isn't a kids sweater b.c it had soft built in bra cups.
I carefully and slowly unpicked the ruffle with my seam ripper, making sure I didn't put a hole in the knit. I didn't... Nice new sweater.
Sometimes it is just something simple to fix. More info here.

Cheers,
Lauren

3 comments:

IWOM said...

This reminds me of a top I fixed recently: it had totally extraneous buttons that just HAD to go.

One wonders what the original designer was thinking when this happens....

IWOM

Unknown said...

What was the original designer thinking with that ruffle? Looks great without it!


- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Nina said...

So much better!