The cardigan and vest below started as three new, very small, discounted Ralph Lauren cardigans. They were in my stash of holiday/travel clothing waiting for refashion.
Goal: Enlarge Cardigans # 1, 2 on sides and in arms.
- Enlarge #1,2 with fabric cut from #3.
- Open sides and sleeves of all cardigans. Remove sleeves from #2 which later becomes a vest.
- Cut, serge, stitch fabric strips from #3 to the sides and arms of #1,2.
- Machine baste helps prevent runs in knit. Zig zag over serging may be needed.
- Hand stitch as needed to secure.
My goal is to refashion, organize, and inventory my wardrobe.
- Problem: I want to track out of season clothing. Out of sight = out of mind.
- Problem: I want to track refashions as they re-enter the wardrobe.
- Solution: StyleBook app, low price, lots of options, low entry level learning curve.
- Outcome: I entered items into categories and made outfits. I found duplicates and holes in the wardrobe. This should curtail impulse buying and make re-fashions/purchases/sewing more effective.
|Before: Dump it out and dig.|
|After: StyleBook tracks Holiday/Travel Capsule.|