Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Chambray Revision

When I found this dress I was so excited, even though the 'before' looks less than exciting.  I LOVE chambray and I'm always a sucker for cute little collars, so I knew this dress had a lot of good things going for it, but wasn't reaching its full potential. So I went to work! Because this dress was a bit oversized, the edge of the shoulder seam was the perfect place to end the sleeve. I took off the sleeves and created a short/cap sleeve.  Then I tightened the bust and waist area and hemmed it up just above the knee.  I gave it a good iron, threw on this belt and this is the end result! What do you guys think?! 

More refashions on my blog or instagram!



Cassandra Louise said...

You've made it so cute! :-D

Nina said...

I saw a nightgown, you saw a canvas :) nice work artiste!

RanchHouse said...

Chambray is my favorite, tied with denim. Cute!
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD

Hannah Frost said...

This is adorable!

Ladygirl Vintage said...

thank you, ladies!