Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Dots and Dots

From 80's jumpsuit to adorable dress! I've never done a pants-to-skirt alteration before and it was so surprisingly easy! Whenever I think I've found an amazing dress and it turns out to be pants, I get SO disappointed. Not anymore!! I just cut open the inseam and sewed the front and back pieces straight down. I see more refashions like this in my future!

This may or may not have been a nightgown to begin with? But I loved the little collar and the polka dots, so I knew it had some potential! I shortened the length, the sleeves, and took in the arms and bust areas.  Then I threw on a belt -- Now I have a cute new dress. 

More pictures on my blog here!
Also, follow me on instagram for even MORE pictures, etc!


KL said...

So cute! It's funny how a small change can make a BIG difference!

Nanna said...

that's got me wanting to go thifting for polka dots lol! I love polka dots, great refashion jobs on both!

Hannah Frost said...

I love a good old simple refashion :)

jennifer elliott said...

I love both refashions! So pretty!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Ladygirl Vintage said...

thank you all!! <3

Andrea said...

I really like the yellow one :) On you...yellow doesn't work on me, but super cute!!!

Cassandra Louise said...

So cute! The pants to skirt refashion is such a good idea! I love both these pretty dresses. :-)