Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, October 10, 2014

Eternity Scarfs from Skirts and Dresses

Skirts / Dresses for future Scarves
Eternity Scarves are fun to wear, but can be expensive. I bought these light-weight skirts and dresses at garage sales. They are all scarf candidates.
The Liz Claiborne skirt was a light-weight organza. The bonus was that it was lined in an even lighter, shear fabric of the same print. Using the skirt and lining fabric resulted in a scarf long enough to loop 3 times.
Because 1/2 of the scarf was shear, the back neck was not too bulky, even with 3 loops.

I brought one carry on to DC for 2 weeks of contract work. I see the same people everyday. The scarves I made and brought make a few basic outfits very versatile. Each time I wore this outfit, I wore a different scarf.

On the street in DC, I am seeing lots of scarves, skinny pants, leggings, and boots. The Feds are in suits and basic black.

Liz Claiborne self-lined skirt.

3-Loop Eternity Scarf


Nanna said...

nice refashion of the skirt! love the scarf!


Andrea said...

I often go through my stash when Im wanting a new infinity scarf...This one is perfect!

Andrea EOD