Monday, November 17, 2014

An Orange Wedding Rehearsal Dress

One of my best guy friends got married this weekend. He had a pretty cool idea for how to incorporate me in the wedding. I would be part of the "Groom Squad" and wear orange. I love a good theme, so I decided to make an orange dress for the rehearsal.
While thrifting, I could not find anything that was orange! I settled on this "yellow" dress. (It looks yellow in the pictures but it was a really washed out color.)

 I dyed it orange, took it in a bit and added some pretty white lace to it. I was making this with all the groomsmen and they couldn't believe the transformation! You can check out the steps here !

Happy Sewing!

Katie

3 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love the new color and the added lace. Great job!

Nina said...

So cute! Love it

cfort82 said...

Lovely refashion. The orange turned out great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab