Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, November 17, 2014

An Orange Wedding Rehearsal Dress

One of my best guy friends got married this weekend. He had a pretty cool idea for how to incorporate me in the wedding. I would be part of the "Groom Squad" and wear orange. I love a good theme, so I decided to make an orange dress for the rehearsal.
While thrifting, I could not find anything that was orange! I settled on this "yellow" dress. (It looks yellow in the pictures but it was a really washed out color.)

 I dyed it orange, took it in a bit and added some pretty white lace to it. I was making this with all the groomsmen and they couldn't believe the transformation! You can check out the steps here !

Happy Sewing!



jennifer elliott said...

I love the new color and the added lace. Great job!

Nina said...

So cute! Love it

cfortin said...

Lovely refashion. The orange turned out great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab