Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, November 07, 2014

Mocs Lose Their Fringe!

I know! What's wrong with the girl who is not totally into the fringe craze that's coming back...yet again ;). Well, not ALL fringe is bad, but in my opinion, this fringe was. It was dirty and I just wasn't feeling it. So, I cut it off! I'd still like to brainstorm on how to jazz these Minnetonka community swap mocs (read: FREE!!!) up a bit more, so feel free to share your ideas :-D Maybe some matching stitching along the newly cut edge???

To see more pics of the process and read a bit about cleaning and disinfecting thrifted/second-hand shoes, hop on over here!

Happy Refashioning!
Little Did You Know


Laurinda said...

I keep putting it off for my own pair, but I think they'd look sharp with a brightly colored floss replacing the stitching on the edge, with some kind of matching tie (maybe just dyeing it) I'm fond of fuschia with brown suede 😊

Andrea said...

Great ideas with the floss and color :) Thanks Laurinda!