Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Polka Dotted Dress Refashion

About a week ago, I found a perfect navy blue polka dotted dress. At the time, I did not know why I wanted it, but I knew I had to get it. My friend asked me to do an Anthropologie Inspiration and I knew why I had needed this dress so badly!
I wanted to make a wrap style top with a pleated skirt. This dress was perfect because it was a bit too large and had room for the wrapped top.

I cut the dress apart, shortened it, added a zipper and wala! New dress!

You can check out the step by step process here.

Happy Sewing!



cfortin said...

Great refashion I really like the red zipper.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Nina said...

oh Katie, that is sew cute! I love it. well done!

Marisa Firebaugh said...

Super cute! I want it!