Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Same But Different

I found this Liz Claiborne shirt on sale for $4.99 but it was 2 sizes too big for me, which didn't stop me from buying it. I took it in at the sides and got to wear it once before I ruined it with dishwashing liquid.
Original shirt (size & color)

I was trying to pretreat the underarms to keep from any staining and ran out of detergent- this was supposedly eco friendly dish detergent. It obviously had some bleaching agent in it

I just about threw in the towel...but I thought about just bleaching the whole thing white and then attempting to dye it.  Here is a photo post bleach and pre dye. 

  I got the color combination that I needed on RIT dye website and luckily had the colors on hand. I thought I dyed it more of a teal color but it turned out to be spot on (pun intended!). It turned out better than I could imagine.
I  am so happy to have my shirt back!


cfortin said...

I love your perseverance! Great save two times. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Saga said...

I wouldn't be able to tell, that it had been bleached and redyed. I am impressed.

Nina said...

hahaha! Wow, nice save :)