|After Black Gauze Shawl|
Packing Goal: Refashion from the stash.
Before: Solid Black Gauze skirt was a long ago summer favorite.
|Cozumel NOT the RanchHouse|
- My favorite travel accessory.
- Slide on/off for temperature/ shade/cover-up. This one went to the beach, pool, Mayan Ruins, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and was my pillow on the bus. I wore it over my shoulders, around my waist, and over my head in cathedral.
|Before: Black Gauze Skirt|
- Cut off and discard the waist-band. Open one seam.
- Serge all edges.
- Turn under and stitch 1/4" all edges.
- Turn under again and stitch 1/2" all edges.
- This is a thin gauze. The process and product varies depending on the type / amount of fabric in each skirt. This a forgiving process.
|Before: Too thin as skirt.|
|Tape captures threads, etc.|