Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, January 23, 2015

...but what do you do with the extra?

I'm working on shortening a long dress for another refashion. I found that when I cut the dress shorter, I still had a bunch left over. Sometimes the bottoms of these thrift store remakes can be in poor condition, but this material was still perfect!

I decided to take the extra and turn it into a tank top. It was so simple. I added some trim and wa-la! New top!

The dress refashion will be coming along soon. You can check out my step by step process here !

Happy Sewing!



Rachel Kerstetter said...

I love figuring out what to do with the extra! Great top!

jennifer elliott said...

That is so cute! I love love love it!

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. I might have to try that with a few of my shirts. Again, great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD