Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Heavy Gauze Shawl from Brown Dress

After: Travel Shawl
Before Dress

Before: Dress
 Before: Heavy gauze dress.

Options: Make into a summer weight skirt.

After: Heavy gauze multi-season scarf / shawl.
For now, it will work with black and brown winter jackets. Summer, it will be a good pool wrap.

Tips:  The dress skirt fabric was long. I did not cut the fabric in half across the stripes. I folded double the skirt fabric making a heavy gauze scarf / shawl.
It was not an extra full skirt so it is an not overly long scarf.

BONUS: Coffee mugs, snack napkins.
Backed with white cotton stash fabric.


Carissa said...

The fabric looks much better as a scarf, I think. And I like the bonus coaster/napkins!


Angela Flickema said...

Nice jog, and great way to think outside of the box. Next time I see a wonderful fabric as an awful dress, I'll remember your great refashion.