Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Quick "Pinspired" Refashion

Just a simple refashion today but one inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest (see here). It is a pretty basic white tank with straps closer to the neck, is loose-fitting and not overly long, just hits the hips. But I don't have basic white tank tops, so I immediately saw this as an option to fill that hole.

My sis-in-law donates her old clothes to me to refashion (or donate), so I grabbed this white top and got to removing the collar and trim.

A few more snips, a little taking in and finishing off, and I've got a brand new top! Free of charge ;). If you'd like to see more of the process, take a look! Oh, and there's a bonus outfit breakdown of one of my favorite thrifted, vintage, homemade pieces, so make sure to hop on over to my blog.

Here's the before and after shot:

Very basic, simple, clean. I like it. Nothing better for a rainy Sunday than a little bit of refashioning to start my day!

Little Did You Know


Carissa said...

I love the low neckline in the back. Super cute! And the price, of course - can't beat free!


mollie.dirig said...

You're so cute and talented! I love that you totally made it your own and for free! It looks like it could be reversible, too.. Although for modesty sake, with a panel to cover some of the V.. Thoughts? I'm pinning this, for sure!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Andrea said...

Oh, I will have to try it on the other way around now to see, mollie.dirig! Great idea :) And yes, ladies, free is always best!