Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Newbie here

Hi there.  Super excited to be a contributor to refashion co-op!  I find you all so inspiring.

I am pretty new to refashioning. I started totally by accident as I'm sure most do. I was frustrated by fabric prices and went looking for alternative fabrics for an occasion dress from my daughter. Found some very fun things at a thrift store including a sweater that just needed some tailoring to be really cute... and so it began. Refashioning appeals to my desires to be different, creative, thrifty and environmentally conscious. So hooked!

I try my best to post my creations to but sometimes they only make it to Instagram. Here are a few from this week. Sometimes the stars align and my machine and I have lots of quality time!

When 2 (large) Blazers become one.

The blazer needed pants to complete the outfit!

And one for my youngest :)

When I'm not sewing I'm busy being a mom to two beautiful, busy, and fun little girls, a wife to my sweet husband Dave and/or busy with my big girl job(s).

Until next time, and thanks for having me!

2 comments: said...

Hey Ashlee,

welcome on board. Nice to have you here! I know your blog and I love to see what you'll show us next. :)


Refashion said...

We are happy to have you as a contributor. I love the idea of a new blazer from two large ones. :)

Debbie EOD