Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, January 23, 2015

sweater to cardigan

I had this sweater which I had worn only a few times. When I realized I can refashion it to a cardigan I was very happy because I could wear it more often. 

I cut a sraight line in the middle, zigzagged it, hemmed it and added three buttons I had on the same color. I don't know how to make buttonholes so I got inspiration by this:


I also sraighten the slight bell sleeve, because I had trouble when wearing a coat.


Saga said...

I love it. It looks like a much more versatile garment as a cardigan, than as a cropped sweater. And the buttons is a nice touch, that makes the cardigan look polished.

jennifer elliott said...

I'm with you ... I don't know how to properly create a button hole. My past attempts have been quite ugly. ;) Love the refashion.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Sofy marron said...

Thank you both!