Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Wholesome" Schoolgirl Dress: REHASHED

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been absent for so long... here is a refashion I did just before Christmas. I simply raised the hemline to make it more...flirty :) So there you go! What should I do with all that leftover plaid goodness??

For details on this and other vintage refashions, please visit  my blog at or for more current updated follow me on Instagram @lovestreetsalvage!



jennifer elliott said...

You and your refashions are adorable! If I didn't look pregnant (which I'm not) in dresses, I would absolutely love to refashion more dresses. Great job.

Susan Chapek said...

What to do with the leftover plaid fabric? Make spats, to turn the Mary Janes into high-button boots and take the classic schoolgirl look up a notch.

Elizabeth Hill said...

Nice! The original looked like it came out of Jane Eyre. Not anymore!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Love Street Salvage said...

Thanks everyone! I'll hold onto that scrap, it might even be enough to make a skirt! ❤