Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Formal Dress To Pin-Up Shirt

My mom gave me this formal polyester size 8 Cache dress. It doesn't fit me and it isn't really my style so I decided to make it into a top.

Here it is in all it's glory! 
I cut it in half and took the sides in about an inch and then hemmed it up. Now it looks like this:

You can see pictures of the entire process and a better description on my blog post here.

I also have the exact same dress in red and I did the same thing with that dress but I made the top a little bit longer. I will post that tomorrow.


Therese said...

Very nice, well done! Looking forward to more refashions!

Amy Jo said...

Wow! That looks fantastic on you!

Lolo said...

Thanks Therese and Amy Jo!

Carissa said...

Fabulous! I love the halter neck - super flattering!