Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Small Robe to Perfect Dress

                      Today is my birthday!! YAY!! & so I"m sharing one of my favorite refashions that I am going to be wearing today. I feel fancy! :)
My cousin who is as thin as a poll passed some things onto me.. You know, just maybe I could squeeze into her old wardrobe. Well, that didn't happen.. So I donated most items to a few people that I knew could use them, but I did keep this fancy little piece because I saw some potential for making myself a new dress... At the very least I knew I could make a shirt from it. First I decided the length of the dress and began cutting and then I added a piece of white material that I had randomly lying around to create the closed top.( ignore the mess .. ) ...Next I hemmed the bottom to create a shirt and then went onto the skirt. I really liked having the option to wear the two pieces separate, but when put together it looked like a dress. 

After some touch ups and a little altering .. Here you have my finished look.. And please excuse the boring background... And freezing look on my face.. Mississippi decided to have a little bit of winter for a change!!

I hope you'll check out more of this refashion post HERE :)


jennifer elliott said...

This is amazing! Great job! I love the new dress.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Leslie Lim said...

I love this post, and I was absolutely thrilled to see the other links that you published that go along with this topic. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am happy to be a new follower. :)