Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Yoke waist skirt to A-line skirt

Hi everyone!
I had this corduroy yoke waist skirt, which is obviously unflattering.

I firstly removed the yoke from the skirt

Then I laid flat the other part wrong sizes together. Placed a good fitted skirt, traced...

and cut

I sewed the sides down, sewed an elastic to the waistband and the result:

How I wear it:

Thanks for reading!


Amy Jo said...

Super cute transformation!

jennifer elliott said...

Soooo much better! Love it with the boots!

Marie De Marco said...

great job.

Elizabeth Hill said...

Great pattern! I also like those boots!

- Elizabeth, EOD
aka The Hungry Octopus

Erica Moody said...

Why do I not think of these things? That's a great idea!