Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Fixing the neckline

My mom had a cable knit sweater with a stand-up collar totally uncomfortable. I volunteered to fix it for her. I don't have a before picture, but I found something similar on the internets.
What I did was to put a plate on the neckline and make a trace. Cut it and sewed a faux leather bias tape in matching color.
I had trouble in the connection, so I used textile adhesive. I find it convenient in those cases.

My mom can now wear it enjoining the new neckline.
Thanks for reading!


cfortin said...

Thanks for the tips. I don't like those necklines much either.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

jenny_o said...

Nice job. I've never seen faux leather bias tape - what a good idea.

Sofy marron said...

Thank you both!!!