Thursday, March 12, 2015

From Meh To Oh My!

I got this dress at the thrift shop. I wasn't stoked on the color combination but I knew it had potential!

Meh....
It was also too big so I had some work to do! First I threw it into the washing machine with some Rit Powder Dye in Royal Blue.

Then I took in the sides about 2 inches each. This took two tries because the first time wasn't enough.


After taking it in the straps were in an awkward spot. I didn't want to move them so I re-moved them!


I pinned them, chopped them and sewed the edges down. This is how it turned out:


For a little more detail check out my blog about the refashion here.


9 comments:

Andrea said...

Seriously! Love how it turned out: first off, the color! Perfection! And the new fit and style are ah-mazing!

jennifer elliott said...

Oh MY! Love it. I'm a little surprised your mom didn't give it you. ;) I love the new fit and style. Great job!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Annikins said...

Gorgeous

Gingham Ginger said...

Beautiful!

Sandy said...

Wonderful! Love the colour.
Sandy in the UK

Valerie Lusk-Waddell said...

Woooooow!!! Adding the color just totally transformed this dress. It looks AMAZING! I love it strapless too. Awesome work! :)

Ali said...

Wow!! Love how the new colour lifts the dress to amazing :-)

Gema Ensenat said...

That is just GORGEOUS! Love it!!

Lolo said...

Thanks everyone! Im glad you like the new color- Im glad I lucked out and it turned out so well!