Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Kimonoesque To Awesome Dress

I found this sorta-kimono-looking dress at a thrift shop and fell in love with the print. It was way too big and the sleeves were super long and wide. No worries I can totally fix that!

Not impressed and not awake!

I chopped the sleeves and took both sides in about two inches.

I didn't get many images of the process because I got so involved in my sewing. Ooops!

I didn't shorten the dress. I love the way it turned out- its my new favorite refashion!

Soon I shall break out my work camera (the real thing) to take pictures with because my phone cam just isn't cutting it. At that point I will take a new photo and update my blog for this refashion here.


Carissa said...

Very cute! Those wide sleeves were just weird, but I love how this dress turned out. Great job!


Riechan said...

Love how it turned out!

Lolo said...

Thanks! I know those sleeves were just not doing it for me! Im glad you like the outcome!

Erica Moody said...

I saw the "before" picture and thought the dress looked fine like that. Then I saw your "after" picture and wow, that looks much better! Great job!

Gingham Ginger said...


Gingham Ginger said...


Love Street Salvage said...

Love this!!