Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Lined Flannel PJ Pants: First Try - Second Try

After Second Try: Made two pair of these larger PJs 
from flannel sheets.
Lined them with the First Try Lined PJs.
First Try: In December I refashioned a pair of knit PJ pants and a satin formal into a pair of lined PJ pants. Warm, but tight and not comfy to sleep in. I took these tight PJs apart.

Second Try: I made two warm, loose fitting, VERY comfy PJ pants. 
Both were made from my worn soft flannel sheet.
I lined them with the too small First Try  lined PJs. 
One flannel sheet pant was lined with the original knit PJs and the other lined with the satin dress fabric. 
I patched lining sides to enlarge them for the larger PJs..

Before: First Try:
Too Tight: Took them apart to line new PJs.

BONUS: While the sewing machine and serger were threaded, I made snack napkins from the flannel sheets scraps.
I backed these with white pillowcase fabric from the stash and ran the sewing machine and serger around the edges. 
Not fancy, but functional.


jennifer elliott said...

Fantastic job! I love cozy pj pants.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Anielska Aniela... said...

that's really cool