Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, March 05, 2015

SHIRT FIX: Hello, diamond smock!


While paging through Pinterest one day, I found a simple tutorial on how to diamond smock. The author took a plain shirt and created a diamond smock across the front for a little bit of jazz and texture. I had a gigantic shirt that was comfortably roomy but just too long for me. Instead of creating a new bottom hem or even adding elastic to the side, I decided to try the diamond smock method.


For more details and pictures, click here.


Jennifer Elliott


J said...

Looks great! I have been wanting to try this too but was a bit intimidated. Thanks for sharing - I feel like I can do this now!

jennifer elliott said...

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try the method again!

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

g.satansbraten said...

This looks to me the same as is known to me under the name 'canadian smock' - have to check/compare.

LG, Gerlinde