Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The Weird Black Sweater Refashion

I have had this sweater for years. I never quite understood what the neck was trying to be.

Is it a hood?
Is it the weirdest, widest turtleneck ever?
Is it a bulky cowl neck?
I finally got tired of trying to figure out how to deal with the neck, especially as it was getting stretched out and even more difficult to deal with. 

So I took out my trusty scissors, chopped it off and ended up with 2 useful garments, instead of 1 that was relegated to the back of my closet.

The weird neckline is now an asymmetrical V-neck, embellished with a green vintage button. 

The part I removed got turned into a fabulous winter hat for my daughter!


Shawn Elizabeth said...

I love the use of the turtleneck as a hat! Also the new neckline is great! :)

jenny_o said...

Impressive job! I like that asymmetrical neckline especially well.

Valerie said...

Cool transformation of the cowl neck into a hat! I shy away from cowl sweaters because I don't like the way they look on me, but now I know what to do with one if ever I acquire one!

RanchHouse said...

Thanks for sharing with us. Great conversion.
Mary @ Ranch House EOD

Kathy W. said...

This is such a good idea!