Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wedding Dress Remake

I needed a floor length white formal gown for an event I was attending. Nothing says white formal like a wedding dress! I found this dress at a second hand store. It was in really great condition. But it was just a couple inches too small!
The dress also had a mess overlay back that wouldn't work for my function. I ripped open the seams and pulled out the mess. I added a panel of fabric in where the mess was and wa-la! 
The dress fits and zips up! 

You can see my step by step process here !

Happy Sewing!


g.satansbraten said...

Weeell, good job done for the purpose it's meant to be.
YET: have a closer look at the before pic here ^^:
getting some further re-fash-ideas' for AFTER the purpose by bringing it back to this 'ripped open stage' ? Perhaps give it a 'colour-bath' and open those side seams again (= replacing the full panel inset with small straps for grown ups ;-) ?!)

Please don't be offended if this idea doesn't fit your general idea of life/religion - it's just another idea; YOU go/do YOUR way in YOUR life, please.

LG, Gerlinde

Saga said...

I love it!