Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Wedding Dress Remake

I needed a floor length white formal gown for an event I was attending. Nothing says white formal like a wedding dress! I found this dress at a second hand store. It was in really great condition. But it was just a couple inches too small!
The dress also had a mess overlay back that wouldn't work for my function. I ripped open the seams and pulled out the mess. I added a panel of fabric in where the mess was and wa-la! 
The dress fits and zips up! 


You can see my step by step process here !

Happy Sewing!
XOXOX
Katie


2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Weeell, good job done for the purpose it's meant to be.
YET: have a closer look at the before pic here ^^:
getting some further re-fash-ideas' for AFTER the purpose by bringing it back to this 'ripped open stage' ? Perhaps give it a 'colour-bath' and open those side seams again (= replacing the full panel inset with small straps for grown ups ;-) ?!)

Please don't be offended if this idea doesn't fit your general idea of life/religion - it's just another idea; YOU go/do YOUR way in YOUR life, please.

LG, Gerlinde

Saga said...

I love it!