Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bring Pink Back A Decade (or three) Later!

So I have this giant mumu from the 70's or the 80's. I can't really tell with this one. The print is very pink and kinda cute. Maybe. My vote is still out on if its cute or not. I figured I would see what I could do with it before sending it off to the donation bag in my garage.


I cut off more than half the length, cut off a lot on each side and snipped off the sleeves. Then I sewed all that up. Kinda like this:


Fold and Snip

More Snip!
I ended up with this:

Im still not feeling it!
So Im not in love with this refashion, but I figure at least it has a better chance at finding a new home once I donate it!

For more details check out my blog here!


g.satansbraten said...

Brilliant job - congrats!

;-) yet, please tell me 'skinny herring': what are you going to do with the 'other half' (= leftover bit) of this former oversize :-D ?

My oh my this 'former pic' looks cute with you 'hiding' in this 'heap of material' ;-)

LG, Gerlinde

O.k.: accepting the thrown shoe after me cheeky critter and '1/2 sorry' for being cheeky = birth-defect = 'disability-passport-entitlement' due to this ;-) ? Hmm, should have a try ;-) :-D

Marisa Glied said...

I would totally keep this! You did such a great job turning this around!

Carissa said...

I love the pink plaid-ish pattern, and you did a fabulous job bringing it back to life. I would definitely keep this one, if I were you!


Lolo said...

Thanks everyone! I haven't gotten rid of it- Im keeping it in mind for summer.
As far as the rest of the material- Im keeping it for future use for doll clothes for my kid or other crafts!