Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bring Pink Back A Decade (or three) Later!

So I have this giant mumu from the 70's or the 80's. I can't really tell with this one. The print is very pink and kinda cute. Maybe. My vote is still out on if its cute or not. I figured I would see what I could do with it before sending it off to the donation bag in my garage.

Eeeeeek!

I cut off more than half the length, cut off a lot on each side and snipped off the sleeves. Then I sewed all that up. Kinda like this:

Pin

Fold and Snip

More Snip!
I ended up with this:

Im still not feeling it!
So Im not in love with this refashion, but I figure at least it has a better chance at finding a new home once I donate it!

For more details check out my blog here!

4 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Brilliant job - congrats!

;-) yet, please tell me 'skinny herring': what are you going to do with the 'other half' (= leftover bit) of this former oversize :-D ?

My oh my this 'former pic' looks cute with you 'hiding' in this 'heap of material' ;-)

LG, Gerlinde

O.k.: accepting the thrown shoe after me cheeky critter and '1/2 sorry' for being cheeky = birth-defect = 'disability-passport-entitlement' due to this ;-) ? Hmm, should have a try ;-) :-D

TheRefashStash said...

I would totally keep this! You did such a great job turning this around!

Carissa said...

I love the pink plaid-ish pattern, and you did a fabulous job bringing it back to life. I would definitely keep this one, if I were you!

-Carissa
EOD

Lolo said...

Thanks everyone! I haven't gotten rid of it- Im keeping it in mind for summer.
As far as the rest of the material- Im keeping it for future use for doll clothes for my kid or other crafts!