Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pants-to-shorts conversion (with glue!)

Before

After

I ruined a pair of pants this past New Year's Eve by stumbling over a curb on the street (and this was before the drinking had even started!) and landing on my knee.

Rather than giving the pants up for lost, I took the opportunity to fill a hole in my wardrobe by turning them into a pair of shorts.

Because the pockets were so odd and long, I ended up cutting the shorts into a pretty funky shape and gluing down some of the hems.

Read about how that went (and the inevitable oopsie, plus my struggles with pinking shears) on my blog!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Oh, I *love* these! The angle of the pockets is such an unusual detail. Great job!

-Carissa
EOD

Saga said...

What a nice, funky detail.
(and I wonder where I can refashion myself a pair of legs like yours ;-) ).