For this upcycle, I turned one of my other half's old army style jackets into a cute, cropped jacket.
Here is the before and after photo:
I had to take off the sleeves to make them slimmer, tighten the arm holes, chop off the bottom, and put dart seams down the back to make it tailored. It fastened with buttons so there was no need to worry about a zip; this would be a lot harder if there was a zip in the way!
Once the jacket was tailored to fit me, I added some iron-on patches and gold coloured buttons to jazz it up a bit. All in all, i'm happy with how this turned out.
The full tutorial is on my blog here.
Til next time,