NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Infinite Possibilities; take 1

I believe that they called this item an infinity scarf because its maker chose to use an infinite amount of fabric.
Really. That's a scarf.
I really wanted to make this one of those kaftan dresses, or maybe a kimono. If neither of those worked, I could make it a shirt, a skirt, or change it back to a scarf. Infinite possibilities!
In theory, my kaftan thing (which is a lot like a big sack that you wear) worked just fine. What I didn't really consider was the clinginess of the material and how it would interact with a slip, seeing as it's sheer.
Looks pretty nice...until I start moving. It just doesn't hang right and it's pretty bunched in the back where the belt is trying to cinch my waist. I took a couple staged pictures, all the while knowing that this will just not do.
I'm considering taking it in or elasticizing the waist. I could try other slip options. I could also see how it works when hemmed up short and worn as a tunic.
Feel free to see more on my blog, Craft, Thrift, or Die.


4 comments:

Marisa Glied said...

This is amazing!!!!

Erica Moody said...

It is?! Well then, I better find a solution so I can wear it!

cfortin said...

I think it is lovely. Hope you can figure out the clingy problem.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Maribel Arroyo said...

Yeah it actually is cute!!! :) nice Refashion!!
Www.stilo-casual.blospot.com