This summer at the Ranch House:
- The dress code is very casual. House-dresses count as getting dressed and set the tone for the day.
- Not a fashion statement.
- Not time intensive to finish/fit like going-out clothing is.
- Worn as loungers, nightgowns, pool cover-up, garden dress.
- Stash busters. Great use for wadders and other low list items.
- Mend, alter, refashion 10 House Dresses. This is #3
- Focus on the large stash of after-retirement clothes and fabric stash.
|After: House-Dress #3|
|After: Remove collar|
*Black Peasant Skirt- Heavy gauze, gathered layers, worn a lot pre-retirement.
*Black wrap dress: Fabric is worn, making it a great House-dress candidate.
*Casual House Dress #3.
*Not a fashion statement, but cool / comfortable.
*Top: Open neckline and remove worn collar. Take up shoulder seam and sleeve caps.
*Skirt: Keep original hem. Remove waist-band, serge raw edges. Save lining/elastic for stash,*Tip: See Carissa's July 30 "Beating the Heat" and blog tips. She inserted elastic. I did not insert elastic in the waist in this House-dress,