Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Late Fourth of July

Happy late 4th of July everyone!
This was my first time making a tulle dress, and I loved it.
I used this thrifted tank top for the top part of the dress & red tulle for the bottom.
I also used red jersey fabric for the lining.

I folded my tulle twice and cut. I was supposed to do the same thing for the lining, but ended up with a half circle, since I only folded it once. It turned out fine though.

I chopped off the bottom of the tank.

Before I sewed the tank on the skirt part, I sewed the tulle & lining to elastic.


See the full tutorial at Sew Much Love, Mary

With Sew Much Love, Mary :)


jennifer elliott said...

That is so cute! And you so cute in it! I'm jealous. :)

Beth Huntington said...

Sew, sew cute!

Liochka said...


jenny_o said...

Awww... and I love the bow on back :)

cfortin said...

Love it! So Festive.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Emily Nail said...

Oh my gosh! Adorable!!