Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

White + Navy = Lavender

I love refashion equations! 
Sometimes 3 shirts =1 dress
or 1dress = 1 skirt + 1 shirt
or other fun combinations.  

Today, I have a color combination that surprised me:  white + navy = lavender.

I bought some RIT dye from and when I browsed through some of the reviews, another person mentioned that her clothes turned a light purple color, not navy.  I thought that was crazy, so I ordered it anyway.

I watched the midnight blue dye pour into my gorgeous new washing machine.  (eekkk...dye makes me nervous)  I threw in several white and white-ish items and whatdoyouknow, they all turned out lavender! 
I think I like it!
Amy Jo at The Little Moments


vintagevogue said...

Were they part polyester or some synthetic?

RanchHouse said...

Love the color. I may be on the search for some dye while in town tomorrow.
Mary @ RanchHouse EOD