NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

#1 Boxers or Sleep Shorts from Jacket

RanchHouse September Sewing Goal:
  • Mend, alter, refashion 10 Boxers or Sleep Shorts. This is #1.
 Boxers or Sleep Shorts:
  • Made from Pre-retirement stash that does not fit the Retirement lifestyle.
  • Fit the need for more at-home lounge clothes.

Project Goal: Refashion well worn Pre-retirement jacket into Boxers. 
After: Back panel boxers.

Before:  I refashioned this jacket when my aunt handed it down to me. I then taught in it for at least 10 years.

After: Back panel boxers. This project reminds me of memories that go into quilting from family clothing. I like that I was able to use the jacket worn by both my aunt and by me.

Steps:
*Old Jacket: Piece and cut new boxers.
Add the red waistband cut from stash fabric.
*Back Panel Pattern: Pattern from men's boxers were traced onto white pillowcases. There aren't side seams, they can be added to piece fabrics.

What I Learned: This jacket yielded less fabric due to seams, darts, pockets. The back-panel boxer worked around limited fabric yield.
Before: Jacket with at least 20 years family history.

New Back Panel Pattern:
Traced from men's white cotton boxers.
 









Ideas for Boxers:



1 comment:

Carissa said...

Such practical refashions! And i just love the patriotic pair with smileys on the bum!

-Carissa
EOD