RanchHouse August Sewing Goal:
- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Casual Dresses for Town. This is #1.
Going to Town Dresses are:
- Just enough nicer than House Dresses to wear to town. Pre-fashion garment and fabric are less worn.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, and part-time contract work.
- Not needed everyday.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. This cool black dress will make a good Texas fall dress when it will still be hot.
- Good use for large stash of pre-retirement clothes.
- Is also for Refashion Runway Sew-Along for Stripes and Flowers
|After: Going to Town Dress|
Less worn t- fabrics make this nicer than
|Small stripe t- from the stash and cut on bias for neck band.|
Large stripe t-was thrifted to finish project.
|After: Flower and stripes. |
Elastic inserted into band made with stitched seam casing. .
|Flower pots. Cotton weave fabric in the stash.|
Before: *Cotton Fabric: Bought before only local fabric store closed. *X-Small T-Shirt: In stash. Only enough to cut new sleeves. *XL mens' T-:Thrifted in town.
After: Going to Town Dress. Casual, cool, comfortable. Made with less well worn fabrics. Fitted enough to not be too over-sized, but still casual.
* XL T-: Cut bodice. Match stripes.
*Small T-: Cut sleeves and bias trim.
What I Learned: TNT Pattern was altered. Drop shoulders were too wide for narrow shoulders.
|Men's XL was thrifted to finish project.|
|X-small T-shirt from Refashion Stash|
was not enough to finish project,