- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Going to Town Dresses. This is #4.
- Made from Pre-retirements garments that do not fit Retirement lifestyle.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas August is 100+.
- Is worn in place of a sun-dress.
- Is also for Gingham Refashion Runway Sew-Along.
Going to Town Dress
in place of a sundress
Greens are better match than photo shows.
|TNT Casual Dress.|
*Skirt: Started as a Refashion in 1980s from my mothers UFO.
*Blue Chambray: Self made curtains. They were lined!
*Green Gingham: Fabric stash.
After: Going to Town Dress. Worn in place of summer sun-dresses.
* Skirt: Add gingham section in new skirt. Keep original hem.
*Top: Cut from chambray curtains. Face inside of neck with gingham bias.
for Casual and House Dresses.
What I Learned: Gingham:
*In Southern US, says summer.
*Is cool. It breathes due to the waffle weave in some fabrics.
|Before: 1980's Skirt from the stash. |
Refashioned from Mothers UFO.
|On My Mind:|
These boxers made from worn sheets: