- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Going to Town Dresses. This is #7.
- Made from Pre-retirement garments that do not fit Retirement lifestyle.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas Fall will still be very hot.
|After: Fall Going to Town Dress|
Goal: Sew fall toned dress in cool fabrics from Pre-retirement stash.
*Two Piece Dress: Pre-retirement stash.
*Brown fabric / Trim: From the stash.
After: Drop-Sleeve Summer / Fall Going to Town Dress.
* Skirt: Remove waistband, serge for new skirt. Keep hem. Add grosgrain.
*Top: Cut new top from old top. Keep buttons/buttonholes. Cut new sleeves/bias trim.
|Auditioning Fabrics / Trims|
Design Options Were:
1) Fabric cut from bottom of original top could be used to enlarge sides of new top, resulting in one tone final dress.
2) Use old sleeves to enlarge sides of new bodice. Add darker colors for contrast and movement.
Final Dress: Contrast makes this fun and happy!!!!
|Dress Fabric: Fall tones, but still light weight.|
One Tone Two Piece Dress.