- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Casual Dresses for Town. This is #8.
- Made from Pre-retirement garments that do not fit Retirement lifestyle.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas August is 100+.
This dress is also for: Boho Refashion Runway Sew Along
|After: Long Going to Town.|
Ohhh! I like this.
Wear later with black boots.
Before: This Ombre skirt was not being worn.
After: Long Going to Town Dress with fall colors. September will still be very hot.
*Skirt: Remove waistband and serge. Reinforce gathered seams on layers. Skirt was short after sewing onto top. Add section cut from the lining.
*Tank/New top: Cut sleeves from bottom of tank. Keep original tank hem on sleeves.
|Red Hem: Glad I kept this full red hem layer.|
I nearly lost it in the too long / too short saga.
|Before: Tank and Ombre Gauze skirt.|
What I Learned: Slow down & measure!
1) When I stitched skirt/top together---dress too short.
2) When I added section cut from ombre lining---dress too long.
3) I shortened added section---dress was just right.